Tooth Extractions – Pewaukee, WI
Removing Badly Damaged Teeth
All of your teeth play an important role, and Dr. Ostrand’s priority will always be to keep them safe at all costs. Sometimes, though, a damaged tooth needs to be removed to keep the rest of the mouth healthy. Get in touch with us if you think you might need tooth extractions in Pewaukee, WI; the technology and techniques employed at our dental office will help the procedure run smoothly, and we have several options available to fill the space that’s left over.
Why Choose Ostrand Family Dentistry
for Tooth Extractions?
- Friendly, Caring Dentist
- Patients of All Ages Welcome
- Multiple Tooth Replacement Options Available
Why is a Tooth Extraction Needed?
- Decay: Tooth decay can be treated in several different ways depending on how severe it is (such as with a filling or root canal therapy), but eventually an extraction might become the only way to stop an infection from spreading.
- Gum Disease: Bacteria in your gums can eventually destroy the bone tissue and ligaments connecting your teeth to your jaw.
- Severe Damage: We’ll try to preserve a broken tooth with a crown or another restoration. An extraction will only be recommended for irreparable issues.
Tooth Extraction Procedure
The procedure for removing a fully erupted tooth is relatively straightforward. We’ll loosen the tooth with a device called an elevator and gently rock it back and forth with forceps until it comes out. An impacted tooth, however, will require a more involved procedure where we remove a small amount of gum and bone tissue so that we can work on the tooth. In these cases, it might be necessary to remove the tooth in sections instead of all at once.